Wednesday, February 6, 2008

THE FIGHT
My heart, the first casualty of my ideals,
My burning eye cradle the tears,
I stood by what I felt, and faced
What my heart asked me to follow,
With tears rolling down my cheeks,
I am trying to pacify my emotions,
The anger or the fear that is building up
The loneliness keeps swelling up.
But, like a fighter I have to stand,
With smile on my lips, and
Stubbornness in my eyes,
I know I will do it, as I have always done,
I know I will fight, with me other than none.
-Noor

5 comments:

Manu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manu said...

nice work noor..i went through ur first two posts...really touching..whn i get time i'll make it apoint to go thruh the rest of the posts..i hope u remember me..u had given me an appreciative review for my story "Razor's Edge" earlier..now i've written a new story.."Free Bird"..pls review it..chk my blog [www.onriverbank.blogspot.com]thx.

Black is back said...

am glad i have a friend who is sensitive enough to understand how important it is to remain true to her own self. put in picture perfect words, nice work!

Unknown said...

hi, good to see you here particularly about this poem. This poem is a creation of a oral poet in JNU- Rmashankar Yadav 'Vidrohi'. Earlier he was student here in JNU. And this time he is not in normal life and still lives is JNU. and He does not writes his poems. oral way is only way of expression. I will send you more information about this...

your profile didnt allow me to scrape

the unholly grail

man in painting said...

IT WAS ALBERT CAMUS WHO WROTE AND DEFINED A REBEL.HE SAID THAT HE WHO SAID "NO" WAS THE REBEL.
VERY STRONG SENSE OF RESISTANCE AND POWER.
KEEP ON WRITING.
VERY VERY INTERESTING SIMILARITIES BETWEEN US.
READ MAIN IN PAINTING
U WILL LIKE IT.ADD A COMMENT. I VALUE IT.