Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Temptation!!!


Dearest Tanya, Here I am wanting to share one of the most funny and tempting dreams I have had recently. Oh I really wish now if I hadn’t given you some information about this dream and built up a suspense thriller but never mind…am not going to cry over spilled milk.I still remember how excited I was to be a part of the congregation on some strange topic. I am extremely sorry for having forgotten the topic once again. This habit is just like a ‘Good’ old wine i.e. getting stronger and better with time. Ok by now, I have already put my glasses to hide the notorious twinkle in my eyes. Before I say anything else, I want to make a confession to you as I have nurtured this innate desire for quite a few years now. Initially I was very confused about myself craving for your company at any social gathering. Each time I had to attend a party or something I wanted to be with you. I enjoyed entering the venue with you. I simply loved your timing and appreciated your style. You were neither before time nor late ever. You beautifully managed to walk the red carpet as the lime lights waited for you or at least I felt so. Oh never mind! What matters the most is that you were always more than happy accommodating me next to your gracious self. Thanks for that. Your presence prevented me from feeling out of place and save me from the embarassment of before the time arrival.

The same thing happened yesterday also. I eagerly accepted your invitation for the lecture. All I remember right now that we were required to wear some fusion outfit of Black three quarters and some strange Kurta. To stick by the trend of wearing something strange we took a long chadar over sleeveless tops. Am sure we can present ourselves at Lakme Fashion Week. Well now, let me take you back to the same congregation. I do not remember much about what the long beard lecturer said as half of my efforts were wasted in getting my attention out of the beautiful smell of incandescent sticks and the sight of drowsy beauties almost asleep during the lecture.By the time you pulled me out of the lecture, I was so sleepy but I do remember us rushing towards the dinning area as the smell was tickling our taste buds more than the contemplative lecture doing any good to our brains. You took me to the Non-vegetarian section with a promise of some amazing fish preparations. Like a wonderful host you took charge of familiarizing me with that strange looking long plates and wonderful smelling food. Saliva was already drooling out but I had to work hard towards keeping myself awake thanks to the lecture we had deceived few minutes for the food. You held my head up saying. “Dear this is the authentic Tamilian food served on very auspicious occasions only. One gets a chance to relish these delicacies in a lifetime and we are lucky that we are the chosen ones. Kindly pray that we get few more such blessings from Goddess Annapurna and that she with her special blessings make this taste immortal for our taste-buds.” After saying this, you religiously sprinkled some water over your head and performed the ritual for me as well. I was so thankful to you at that minute as it helped me win myself from sleep. God bless you for being so kind to me.

By this minute, I could feel myself being pulled towards the buffet table. I thought it would be a great sin to retaliate and not going with you. Now after relishing the food I can say if I had not moved with you like a lifeless vegetable you had strong and justified reasons to make me one. Thank God, I used my common sense, which comes handy rarely. After taking me to the food, you helped me stuff my plate to its brim explaining each dish and its important. You stopped me from putting some strange looking fish into my plate. In fact you ‘enlightened’ me about the presence of some sinful prawn curry. As we proceeded towards the dinning table I realized the food was already a scarcity and thanked you first and God later for letting me fill my plate to such an extent when putting an extra grain of rice would require tremendous expertise. For the first time I craved to be the meanest and dumbest creature on this planet so that I could save my self from committing the sin of sharing my plate with some hungry organisms. I was eating as if there was no tomorrow and that I have to catch a local train, missing which would cost me my job or at least my attendance in Jane’s lecture.

As I kept the last morsel in mouth, I felt that something strange was happening to me. I could feel shiver all over my body. My brain was not responding. I could sense something big happening but did not know what it is. After wondering for few minutes, I finally got my senses back and realized that it was my phone vibrating below the cushion-less pillow. As I picked up the phone and saw my boss name appearing on the display I thanked God for making my boss call me after I finished my dreamy meal or I would have been cursing my boss for not letting me have a peaceful time while eating the most auspicious and mouth watering meal.

Hope you too had a good time eating that meal and wish that next time our bosses keep out of our lives at least at these beautiful moments.

No comments: